Jump to navigation Jump to search
Welcome to the Consumerium test wiki[edit | edit source]
This test wiki is run as a part of a wiki family and shares parts of its database from the Consumerium developent wiki and offers single sign-on and single login.
Wikibase extension[edit | edit source]
Wikibase (wikiba.se) is a system for storing and querying structured data that powers Wikidata and other wikis.
This wiki has enabled both the Wikibase Repository and the Wikibase Client Mediawiki extensions.
- The Wikibase Repository component allows a wiki to work as a repository for structured data much like Wikidata.
- The Wikibase Client allow (multiple) wikis to access a Wikibase Repository. The client can work only with repository databases it can access directly so they must be on the same machine or use remote secure connection to the database server or the database to be on the same load balancer.
Wikibase installation instructions at Mediawiki.org and advanced configuration of Wikibase.
The installation instructions assume you are installing the dependencies with Composer, a PHP package manager that makes the installation of dependencies easy.
The data model of Wikibase[edit | edit source]
- The data model used in Wikibase (thorough, though not technically binding) and the primer on the data model (quick access/primer)
LinkedWiki[edit | edit source]
- LinkedWiki extension enables including information from Wikidata (or other knowledge base) into a non-WMF wiki. When configured properly it allows multiple data sources to be utilized.
Extensions useful in conjunction with Wikibase[edit | edit source]
- mw:Extension:ArticlePlaceholder makes article placeholders from repository data and invites users to create the article.
- mw:Extension:UniversalLanguageSelector is recommended to work in conjunction with Wikibase for user comfort.
- mw:Extension:Babel allows the user's Babel statements about their level of language proficiencies to modify which languages are preferred when viewing Wikibase data.
Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination